Sunday, January 12, 2014

Don't Faint

Two blogs in the same month!  I have always liked keeping a diary and usually, I will write periodically.  At school I have a notebook full of thoughts from 2003 forward but now I am so busy at work, that I seldom have the 30 minutes or so it takes to write things down.  So, while I am not sure it is completely "gone", I do think I need to find another venue for recording my thoughts.  So here I am.

This has been such a nice weekend.  Michael left for Flagstaff on Friday.  While Michael seldom interferes with anything Duane and I want to do it has been nice this weekend to know that we are just "us".  Yesterday we spent the day taking down Christmas decorations and putting them away.  For once, we were so darned organized and we got the chore done in less than 2 hours.  Then Duane went to work on his computer things (photography and video) and I cross stitched.  About every two hours we would yell something to each other and then resume what we were doing.  Michael's cross stitch Eagle is now two thirds done and I am more than halfway done with the page I am currently working from.  Two more pages after that and it will be finished.  Maybe I will have it done by March if I am lucky.

Today, Duane and I got up early and went out to breakfast.  Usually, we take Vina to breakfast with us but today it was just us.  After breakfast we came home and I dropped Duane off so I could go to the grocery store.  I got home in time to call Dad and since then have been working on bills and budgets. We have a financial plan and it is fun to sit and play with the plan to make it more efficient.

Duane has meat on the slow cooker and I must be smelling it because my stomach is starting to growl.  I am going to end here and go in search of a snack to hold me over.

Did I mention that it has been such a nice weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment