Friday, August 1, 2014

I Almost Did it Again!

Sometimes it takes a lesson more than once to let it sink in.  My credit scores for the last 10 years have been so stinky that it has almost been not worth the check.  However, in the last year, things have really turned around and my scores are climbing back into the 'good" and "very good" range.  Today, I was in my email and I saw an ad that said it would give you all three credit scores for free.  Since I normally tap into only one of the reporting agencies, I thought it would be good to see all three.  So, I go through the steps and it asks for a credit card for a refundable processing fee.  I thought about it but it said "refundable".  I went to get my credit card, put in the information and I'm about to hit submit when I read the fine print.  Yeah, the fee was refundable and you could see all three reporting agencies scores but if you didn't call within 7 days to cancel the "subscription" you would be charged $29.92 a month to Credit Sense.  Really?  I just had something like that taken off my credit card a few months ago.  They keep changing their name and coming back around.  At least this time, I caught myself before I actually got into the scam again!!!

School starts Monday.  I'm good with it starting again but I keep thinking...5 years from today I won't have to worry about getting geared up for school.  I'm not quite ready for retirement but I sure am getting there.  This year I have to renew my teaching certificate.  They are good for 7 years...so this is the last time I will have to do it which means those continuing ed certificates no longer have to be kept for the next renewal.  I have two more times to renew my speech license and then I won't have to do that again ...2016 and probably 2018...I probably have one more time for my fingerprint card (I have to check to see when that comes up for renewal).  So now, instead of a lot of firsts, I am starting to do a lot of "lasts".

Alyssa will start kindergarten later this month.  Where does the time go???  She was just a baby yesterday.  She is so ready.  She is so smart.  I am anxious to hear her school stories.  I empathize with Shannon as she gets ready to send her first off to school for the first time.  This will be the first time Shannon hasn't been in charge of Alyssa's education since she was two.  Then soon, it will be Colin's turn and Shannon will start to say..."I'm done with kindergarten....first grade...." etc.  Fun times but busy times are ahead for all of them!!

Okay..enough procrastination.  I have to get to the bank and do some other errands.  It may be my last "free" Friday, but I still have stuff to do!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment