Monday, June 15, 2009

Get Set! Get Ready! Go!!

Its Monday morning and I am ready to head out after I write this blog. It has been very busy since I last wrote with getting Vina moved into her house. Duane's sisters, Beth and Carol, came in with other family members to help move things and unpack boxes. The house looks amazing! I do believe Vina is going to love living there. Yesterday, Carol bought her a fountain for her front porch and it is truly striking.

Throughout all the weekend, Duane and I were very aware that it was our last weekend alone for quite some time. We did our best to make the most of it and I think we ended up closer than we have been for quite some time. We managed to get in some good meals, some laughter, getting some affairs in order and some quiet time. He left on Sunday and called me last night when he got in. He says the hotel is nice but there are still some financial issues with his company that need to be worked out. That part is still so frustrating.

After I dropped him at the airport, I went to Mike Lewellen's birthday party. I met Michael and Cat at the Chandler Mall and we did some shopping and then went to the party. It was a good time and just what I needed to keep me from being too sad about Duane leaving. I am so glad I went.

Today and this week are going to be busy. I am headed off to school here in a few minutes and then I am going to have lunch with Trish and Lesa. From there I have some birthday errands to run and then home to get some things done so we can leave on Friday. I have something like 30 things to get done and it means I am going to have to be moving almost every minute of every day between now and Friday.

So I am off!! Its time to get this party started!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment