Monday, June 29, 2009

Another Day

I am sitting in Amarillo in my hotel room missing my Missouri family so much. I had such an awesome time with Shannon, Chris and Alyssa! Of course, nothing warms my heart more than listening to my children talk and laugh, which they did plenty of this past week! This time, our vacation was enriched by Cat, Michael's girlfriend, coming along. She kept everyone laughing too and she fit in with the family so nicely. I think I can safely say that everyone liked her a great deal.

But of course, I have to talk about Alyssa. She has grown so much from that newborn that mewed when she cried. She now has a full set of lungs on her and she uses them frequently! However, the lungs are off set with the cutest little smile and a cuddle that makes you forget that she was screaming just a few seconds earlier. I fell so in love with that little girl and I can honestly say that my heart ached when I left her sleeping today. I have 106 pictures of her and a couple of videos. I can hardly wait to come back and see her again and how much she will change in between visits.

It was awesome to see Duane too and to share Alyssa's baptism with him. We didn't get much time together but what time we had was so nice. We feel so close to one another and when he left to go to Toronto yesterday morning, I missed him immediately. I haven't had much time to talk to him today but am hoping to get a few minutes tonight after he gets off of his conference call. We'll see. I know he has got to be beat after driving for over 10 hours yesterday.

Tomorrow we will get up, have breakfast and hit the road. We are hoping to be back in Phoenix sometime between 4 and 6 p.m. It would be very nice if we were home before dark! If Michael has anything to say about it, we will!

Until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment