Thursday, June 11, 2009

Play the Cards you are Dealt

Its been forever since I have written anything. It seems like my days are flying past and I alternately think: OH MY GOSH!! and Oh well, it will all get done. I think, at some level, I must have two split personalities!! :) Vina and I will be leaving in a few minutes to go to her new house. I am in my swimsuit because I have to get into her pool and get it cleaned. We also have to tape up the two rooms she is going to have painted. We need to pay the electrician for doing the things we need him to do, I need to fix food for tomorrow, renew my SLP license, do my college homework, help Michael get moved into his room, get Duane ready to go to Tornonto...and now I am back to an OH MY GOSH mode!!

A week from today I'll be oh my goshing because I will be getting stuff ready so we can go to Missouri. I am so looking forward to our trip to Missouri. It will be fun to hang out with the kids...all of them. I can hardly wait to get my hands on Alyssa. I will write more about that later!

When we come to Missouri, we have to bring two cars. Duane is flying to Toronto and so we are bringing the Fit to give to him in Missouri. It will be filled with all the things that he is unable to take with him when he flies and all of the things that he missed so badly when he was in England.

I am running out of time but I wanted to add this last thought. I have been having such a hard time with Duane going to Toronto. I have been sad and weepy and just down in the dumps. Yesterday, Vina was getting her hair done and while I was waiting for her I picked up a newspaper to read. I was reading an article that talked about how we are unable to control the cards life deals to us. But we do best when we play the cards we are dealt with as much dignity and honor as possible. In fact, sometimes when we focus on the positive instead of the negative something good comes from the hand we have been dealt. That made me think of my Grandma Truby. Our family was always famous for playing the card game pitch. When Grandma would play, she would bid on nothing hands and make her bid and often win the game. She would smile and laugh as if it was nothing but I am guessing she was making the most out of the cards she was dealt. I am going to do the same!

Okay, so now I am off to get things done for and with Vina. It is a good day!

Smiles.

1 comment:

  1. I wrote my blog, then read yours. It is soo funny we wrote about the same underlying "topic" just in different ways! We truly are mother daughter!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete