Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I'm Home

Today has been a busy day. I got up fairly early and called the social worker at Mom's hospital. She told me that Medicare would only allow 23 days of rehab from June 25th. That kinda scared me because I knew Mom would not be ready to go home after 23 days. Come to find out they will transfer her to a Skilled Nursing Facility (nursing home) after those days for more rehab and then hopefully back to Rusk for another 20 days before releasing her to go home or to whereever they place her.

Dad said today that she has bowel control for sure but that is not so. They have been giving her things to help her move her bowels and they are pretty sure she does not have bladder control. She is still requiring maximum assistance for everything. It was a discouraging telephone call but one that needed to be put out there. Tomorrow's conference call between me, the folks and the hospital folks will not be pleasant, I am sure. Its going to be an uncomfortable reality check for the folks.

Being home has been busy too. I have the dogs at Petsmart being groomed right now so they will be home in a bit. I have cleaned the pool. I have thought about getting dinner but have not done so yet. Guess I should get to that soon.

I'll write more tomorrow I hope. I think I will have some more time then.

No comments:

Post a Comment