Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The month is flying by!! Soon we will be back to school and living regular schedules again. I love my summer breaks. I love not having to get up to do anything but feed dogs and I love lounging in my pajamas (or swimsuit) until I feel like taking a shower. I just love summertimes!!

But even with all that being said, I guess I will enjoy going back to school too. I like my job. I like the people I work with. I like my kids and it is always fun to see how they have grown and changed over the summer. Once the heat dies down, school is actually a steadying influence on my life.

Mom is leaving rehab on Friday and going to Heritage to continue work on building strength. I am relieved she isn't going straight home and very glad that Dad doesn't have to drive to Columbia every day of the week. I do hope that we can get Mom home. I know that would be the best thing in the world for her psychologically as well as Dad. They will need to find a new "normal" and I think that can be done.

Duane is coming home!!! I am so excited for this visit of his. It is good that we can talk on Skype every night but seeing him in person is going to be wonderful. Sometimes I have to roll my eyes at something he says or something he does, but I cannot tell you how lonely I get here without him. I mean, after all, rolling your eyes at the dogs really does not have the same effect at all!!

It is so hot here. This is the time of the year that I just die. I don't want to go outside at all! But like all things, the heat will pass and we will be into the fall and winter. The year passes so quickly now. It seems like just yesterday that it was January. Now it is July. And the middle of July at that!! Everything has its season is so true.

Okay..off to cross stitching for a little bit before getting in the pool. Did I tell you that I loved summertime????

No comments:

Post a Comment