Friday, July 17, 2009

Coffee

I didn't start drinking coffee until I was 51 years old. Even with that, sometimes I only drink a half a cup. I have to put Splenda and milk or coffee creamer in it to drink it but I can drink it that way. Here's the really scary thing. Now my day just doesn't start right unless I have my coffee. What will I start doing next?? Having a cigarette too??? Oh heaven help me!!!!

I woke up last night with my left wrist just throbbing. I must have lain on it wrong because it was swollen and when I put it up on Duane's pillow to elevate it, it felt like it did when I was having surgery on it. It felt like the muscles were moving and my fingers were moving involuntarily. I had to get up and take some Alieve because it hurt so badly. Luckily for me, this morning, it is better.

Today is an anniversary. It was one year ago today that Shannon told me that she was having a baby. Now we have Alyssa in our lives. What a blessing she is!! I have to admit that I never get enough of her. I love holding her, smiling at her, talking to her, watching her, playing with her and hearing her laugh. I don't even remember what life was like before Alyssa was born. All I know is they grow up way too soon. I always think of that when I hear the country music song, "You're gonna want that back". Its a song about how this girl wants to grow up and she does. But people keep telling her not to look so far into the future that she misses what she has right now because "these are the best times of your life and you're gonna want this back".

Today they move Mom from Rusk Rehab to Heritage. I know it will be easier on Dad to have Mom right there in Centralia. I do hope the quality of her therapy is good. I hope she makes some more progress there. Getting stronger is the only way Mom can come home.

Okay..gonna call Charla to see what she knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment