Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday

Its Monday and I am leaving in a little bit to go have breakfast with Vina. We are going to The Place. It is a restaurant that is owned by the people from up in Flagstaff (Mike and Rhonda). I thought since Vina likes to eat breakfast out best of all that this might be something nice for her.

The weekend was pretty quiet as Fourth of July weekends go. There were some major fireworks on the street for about 20 minutes (which, of course sent Mayer into tail spins) but then it quieted down.

I am beginning to wonder about the people across the street. They used to be the wild ones on the street. However, I haven't seen the lady in so long that I have forgotten the last time I saw her out and about. The guy she was living with must work nights because I see his car has been moved several times but I seldom see him. I think the last time I saw him was the end of April or the first of May. She had 3 boys that were constantly playing in the street. I have only seen the youngest one every now and then but never the older two. In fact, the last time I saw the older two was when they were on their way to school in March or April. Yesterday when I cam home from Vina's two younger people came out of the house and climbed into a red car and drove away. It was the first time I had ever seen them. You may think I am nosy but the difference in the house in the last two years is like night and day. Just weird.

I know on my last post I was really down on Mom and Dad. My feelings are still very hurt but I am regaining some perspective. The relationships are what they are. They will go the way they will go. I have spoken to both of them since the post and they seem to be doing well. Mom only has 12 more days at Rusk and then we will see where this takes her.

Duane is hoping to come home the last week of July. We are trying to find a way for him to come home without having to use vacation days. The last week of July, he is supposed to be involved in an audit with Discoverture. He was supposed to do it via phone conferences but he is hoping to get the company to pay for him to come home...him to go into the office 4 hours a day and work on his project for Canada in the afternoons and be home all week long that way. It sure would be nice to have him here. That would be my last week before school started but it would be so nice to have him around again. To be honest, sometimes I am so bored here by myself. I still haven't found a routine and at this stage of the game, I may not!!

Okay...a few more things to do and then I am off to have breakfast. Have a good day, dear follower!!!

Smiles.

1 comment: