Thursday, July 16, 2009

Facebook

For years I have heard about My Space and Facebook. "Its for the kids" has been my thought. A social networking kind of thing that had its ups and downs like anything else. Lately, though, I have heard from more and more of my friends and my husband how Facebook is for anyone. I just kinda blew it off. Then Duane developed his Facebook page. I didn't think much about it. Sometimes that is the way he connects with his children rather than using the phone or email; so I just didn't think much about it. Then Shannon posted pictures of her California trip on her Facebook page. I wanted to see them so I thought...."Oh I'll just develop my own page so I can see her pictures". When I did this, I thought it would be a fleeting thing. Oh My Gosh!! Yesterday was my first real day on Facebook and I have reconnected with many of my old college friends and several of my high school friends. People have contacted me and I have contacted people. I have gone from thinking I would have only 1 or 2 friends to having a list of 11 people in one day. And one of those 11 people had more people for me to contact. I was amazed. I do see how people can become addicted and honestly, I can't let that happen to me because I have too much to do to sit around checking out my facebook page. I'll probably do it in the morning and then again in the evening but all of those posts in between will just have to wait.

Duane is coming home in two weeks. Two weeks from today at this time, I should have him in the car!! I can hardly wait. But for today, I have to work on my college classes and get those tests and projects at least started. So, here's to closing this and opening my books!!!

Smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment